Pages

All photos are CopyRighted

These photos are a copyright of Picadabee Images
Please do not steal them from my blog :)

March 28, 2009

Husband and Textures

So I have a photo shoot coming up on the 18th. I am so excited! I am doing everything I can to prepare mentally, to make sure I have a plan and will be able to carry things about smoothly and proffesionaly. So I made an appt. with my husband to practice. One of the important elements of composition, is texture. That is why outside is such a great place to do pics, is because nature naturally adds texture to the picture. Foilage, and rustic fences or, lines on a wall add greatly to a photo. I realy like the look our fence gave the pics. It was good to practice and get a feel of how things are going to go, and how the pictures will turn out with different things that I try. I think angle-ing the pictures gives a good effect, but I noticed I don't like to much of an angle. You want to make sure that your subject is still easy to see and that it doesn't make your eyes go crossed while trying to look at it. lol
Practicing different poses and angles. Word of advice. 3 o' clock is not a very good time of day to do pictures if you don't have a lot of shade. 5 o' clock is a great time however!
We tried this a little after 3 and the sun was in a spot, where it made it very hard for either of us to not have the sun in our eyes, plus the shadows were hard. This top picture was in the shade so it worked well. Texturing in this one, I think adds to the sepia setting. When 5 came around though, the shadows had all softened and the light would have been so much better. So for future photo shoots, the evening time should be around 5 or 6 I think. : )

a couple of the cinema filters for these next two. I like the faded paint and the little bit of snow with a little bit of green. It helps that his shirt is plaid too.

He rides his bike to work. About a 25 mile round trip, so I thought it would be appropriate for him to use it as a prop. Of course while taking pictures of him, he can't be the serious person I think he should be the whole time, so I allowed him one goofy face. hehe

See... a little to much sun, but o.k. This is done with the water color setting. He's so cute!(of course I would think that because I am married to him, but realy don't you think those eyes are just sweet? He melts me with that look sometimes, to bad I didn't catch more detail, without the sun on him so much. : ))
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 elements to consider for composition of a photo.

  • Color
  • Balance
  • Space
  • Perspective
  • Framing
  • Lines /
  • Depth of Field /
  • Texture
  • Symetry
  • Pattern /

About Me

My photo
I am a House Wife, living my dreams. I am a wife to my dear sweet husband, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I love perfection, but rarely is it possible, so I strive for perfection in the process instead.