Pages

All photos are CopyRighted

These photos are a copyright of Picadabee Images
Please do not steal them from my blog :)

January 2, 2009

I don't know if this is the best example, but I kept seeing the words "Rule of thirds" being tossed around the photography sites, So I looked into it. So what I understand is for symmetry you can use the rule of thirds or have the picture be symmetrical on two sides of the picture. The rule of thirds divides the picture into 9 sections, or 3 columns horizontally and vertically. In this picture, the top column has the same image of the couch in the background. The second column has the red line all across and the alphabet and the white part of the toy. And the bottom column has the colorful keyboard all the way accross.
Going from left to right, the left column has the same angle and shape as the far right column, and the middle column has a some what uneven crack inbetween the keys, the bump on the red line and the circle thing on the top part of the column. I hope that makes sense and can pass for what I was looking for. Pictures that I have seen using the rule of thirds look awsome with land scapes, so since I am stuck home all day (don't get me wrong, sometimes its nice being stuck at home, especially when you have little munchkins to entertain you all day), It may be a while before I can get a landscape photo, but next time I do, I will see what I can come up with to get a better example of this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 elements to consider for composition of a photo.

  • Color
  • Balance
  • Space
  • Perspective
  • Framing
  • Lines /
  • Depth of Field /
  • Texture
  • Symetry
  • Pattern /

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a House Wife, living my dreams. I am a wife to my dear sweet husband, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I love perfection, but rarely is it possible, so I strive for perfection in the process instead.