Pages

All photos are CopyRighted

These photos are a copyright of Picadabee Images
Please do not steal them from my blog :)

February 7, 2009

I have been reading about negative space, and positive space. The negative space in a photo, helps define the positive space. The negative space in this photo, is the clouds and the trees in the distance. The positive space is represented by the closer tree branches. A good way to accomplish this is by using a large F stop, so it will give a smaller focal point. I was just practicing on this one, and used F 8.0. The negative space is space that gives your eyes a place to rest on the positive space. It creates the ability for your focal point to stand out more. I took this on the way to my mailbox. It kind of gives the idea to me that I am up in the mountains, but it realy is just focused right above some houses in my neighborhood. Kind of cool. :) I wish the mountains were more defined, but maybe they would have been on a sunnier day. Another picture that I did that shows a lot of negative and posotive space is the one of the chocolate milk drop with the black background. The black background is the negative space, and the milkdrop is the main subject and the posotive space. Space is a great element of composition.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 elements to consider for composition of a photo.

  • Color
  • Balance
  • Space
  • Perspective
  • Framing
  • Lines /
  • Depth of Field /
  • Texture
  • Symetry
  • Pattern /

About Me

My photo
I am a House Wife, living my dreams. I am a wife to my dear sweet husband, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I love perfection, but rarely is it possible, so I strive for perfection in the process instead.